Shadows of Adam
An outcast with a fearful power ventures out into the unknown world to save her father and herself. Shadows of Adam is a unique take on a classic genre. A retro JRPG built for the modern era.
Shadows of Adam is the self-proclaimed modern day successor to the oft-heralded classic JRPGs of the ‘90s. A shining example of sensibility through contemporary design: it takes antiquated systems tarnished by time and polishes them to a shining gold standard for the next generation of retro RPG gaming. Its incredible story is backed by world-class pixel art and nostalgia-inducing music that you’ll be humming for decades to come. Random encounters, mindless dungeons, and empty dialogue are all tossed aside, favoring instead, substance through simplicity: only the choicest cuts of story make the game; every battle provides a meaningful challenge; each map is its own expression of exploration and beauty.
- 16-bit JRPG glory with a modern design
- 10-12 hours of gameplay (12-14 if you never figure out how to run)
- Delicious graphics (consume raw at your own risk)
- A deep, character-driven story with lots of humor
- No random encounters, you pick your battles
- Blazing fast battles that will set your pants on fire
- Save anywhere! (In case you get the sudden urge to start replaying FF6.)
- Inspired music you will find yourself humming twenty years from now